Fire Protection Engineers: Registration is Open for the 13th Annual SFPE Greater Atlanta Fire Safety Conference
Registration is now open for the 13th Annual SFPE Greater Atlanta Fire Safety Conference. This informative conference will be held on March 14th & 15th at the Infinite Energy Center (formerly the Gwinnett Center), located at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia! If you are in the fire protection industry, you cannot afford to miss this world-class conference! Harrington Group has been a proud supporter and attendee year after year. In fact, several of our fire protection engineers and consultants are already registered so that they won’t miss out on one of the largest, most well-attended fire safety conferences in the nation.
Continuing education is important in most any field and the fire protection industry is no exception. With rapidly changing technology and code updates, upgrading skills and the ability to adapt to new situations is essential for fire protection professionals. The SFPE Fire Safety Conference is a great way for our industry to keep up-to-date with current technology and code changes, as well as to earn professional development hours.
Harrington Group is particularly proud that Phil Friday, one of our Principals, is once again representing our firm as the Conference Committee Chair for his fifth year. Phil has been working hard, alongside the SFPE Conference Committee, to put together another exceptional Fire Safety Conference Program, which includes:
- Performance-based design for life safety with Professor and Fire Protection Engineering Department Chair of the University of Maryland, Jim Milke, PhD, P.E.;
- A full-day seminar on Tuesday and a session on Wednesday relating to the fundamentals of combustible dust with John Cholin, Principal of J.M. Cholin Consultants
- 123 years of fire sprinkler standards and what to expect in the next NFPA 13 with Bob Upson of the National Fire Sprinkler Association
- Keynote address, “Undercover Hitman. Making a Difference” by Jack Ballentine, Phoenix Fire Department Security Manager and retired Phoenix Police Homicide Detective
And, once again this year, the SFPE-Greater Atlanta Fire Safety Conference is offering two, two-day NICET prep courses. Attendees can choose from the following to help get ready for their NICET certification exams:
- NICET Level I and II Certification Prep: Fire Alarm Inspection and Testing; OR
- NICET Level I and II Certification Pep: Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Inspection and Testing
Space is filling up fast! If you’d like to register for this outstanding learning opportunity that offers expert speakers and draws several hundreds of fire safety professionals from around the country, be sure to reserve your spot today!